Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe size for heat pump system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout consisting of single flow and return headers running the length of the property and take-offs to and from radiators.

Currently there is a combi boiler serving the property, which will be staying for now. But the idea is to size the pipes for a delta T (flow - return) of 5C for a possible future heat pump. One potential issue is with the central headers. If I use 28mm pipe, the pressure drop is something like 1m of pump head per 4m of pipe length. If the water circulation pumps in a heat pump are similar to the ones in combi boilers, this will be a problem. Is it normal for the central heating water circulation pumps in a heat pump to have higher head than those in a combi?

Reply to Pipe size for heat pump system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock