Discuss Quality Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

On new work in the old days, nearly every job you did was scrutinized in detail.

First your supervisor looked at your work, then your boss, then the clerk of works, then the water inspector, then the building inspector, then the architect, then the customer.

This is not to mention quantity surveyors and the like. And of course your own mates.

Any of whom could give you problems. So you learned to get it right if you did not want aggro.

Today however most contracts are architect responsible and it seems many of these layers of inspection are cut out.

Do you think its a good idea or not?

Taking your theme a bit further.
Nowadays property developers buy some land and build the houses themselves which
cuts out the need for a clerk of works who would normally act for the client.
QS, HSE, Building Control, are still needed, but the concept of good workmanship has been overtaken by the need for profit,
Houses have become assets rather than homes.

i went to a 10ish old house last week to a leaking shower cubicle ended up taking it out and re-doing as i was taking it out i descovered tray was not level and not square with the wall. How the cubicle managed to stay on i dont know screws had no wall plugs and water had been getting in and rotting the wall behind the tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quality Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back