Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss proper soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
i took this picture on my travels last week to show the boys how a proper soil stack was fitted probably early sixties judging by the building style two pipe system and its just two floors when i got home and looked at the picture i hadnt even noticed the flue under the window download from phone 478.jpg

Nice. Should be brought back. Then again no one seems to properly police the regs we have without changing or adding to them.

excuse my ignorance but was never taught this. what are the advantages of a two pipe soil stack over the current one pipe system we all currently work with?

Blooming eck, next we will be fitting lead pipe and one pipe systems.
Throw away those cordless screwdrivers and lets bring back the Yankee screwdriver !

back to original post, using anti vac traps or deep seal traps, what is the advantage of a two pipe stack?

Two pipe stack prevents air pressure differentials as poo plug goes down stack , preventing siphonic action!

Heres one I worked on in the seventies went to visit the site about two years ago with a pal who was on the same job when we found out it was being pulled down..... blocks of flats on it now progress huh who needs it eh? regards Turnpin:17:IMG_20131209_205610.jpg

Who put that structural steel in the way of your vent? Bstars

Heres one I worked on in the seventies went to visit the site about two years ago with a pal who was on the same job when we found out it was being pulled down..... blocks of flats on it now progress huh who needs it eh? regards Turnpin:17:View attachment 16211

Mint. Love it. Little lite on pipe though, I can still see brickwork and other stuff. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to proper soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock