Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Programmable 7 day room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmogLee

Hi, I have underfloor heating (wet) and each of the zones is controlled by a Danfoss TP5 Room stat (With 2 wire feed).

One of my TP5s screen has broken and I'm therefore going to upgrade to a 7 day programmable one with "Smart start" or "Optimum Start".

Which Room stat would you recommend? And Why?

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26Item%3D360122952209%26Category%3D41988%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m29%26_trkparms%3Dalgo%253DLVI%2526its%253DI%2526otn%253D2"]I've been looking at this [/DLMURL]but I'm worried about the wiring. Any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
That one looks good:) Thanks Mike

The zone I want to control with this unit is quite big and includes, lounge, dining room and Garden room.

Although all one zone, they are actually fed from two seperate manifolds. (One for the Garden room and another for the other two rooms combined)

The Garden room is a screeded floor and has a very slow warm up time, the other two rooms are floating floor and warm up quicker.

The stat is in the lounge currently and I was wondering whether it should actually be in the Garden room.

What do you think?

I was wondering if there was a stat with a remote stat that might be suitable?

Check on the honeywell site. They do a wireless version as well. The receiver would probably need to be sited back by the main control box though and will require a bit more wiring.

As for position of the stat. If it's in the garden room the other two zones may overheat. Depending on the system it may be possible to split off the garden room as another zone by altering the wiring at the controller. I've only worked on Robbens systems and it certainly was with their system.

Mike

Check on the honeywell site. They do a wireless version as well. The receiver would probably need to be sited back by the main control box though and will require a bit more wiring.

As for position of the stat. If it's in the garden room the other two zones may overheat. Depending on the system it may be possible to split off the garden room as another zone by altering the wiring at the controller. I've only worked on Robbens systems and it certainly was with their system.

Mike

I plumbed in the Garden room as an extension to the zone so I know I'd have to put another control valve in. I'd also have to get wires to the control box which would be very difficult.

The three rooms are essentially as one as the doors all open to each other, with wide double doors. So maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

I think I'll get the honeywell:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Programmable 7 day room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock