Currently reading:
Problem with Ideal Combination boiler, even after power flush

Discuss Problem with Ideal Combination boiler, even after power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MS56

Hi, I have a problem with my Ideal Combination boiler, a mini C28. Over two weeks ago, the heating stopped working, the hot water was ok. When we switched on the heating, the gas would ignite for a few seconds only but then cut out, leaving a whirring noise in the boiler. After a few minutes the gas would ignite again, and then cut out.

An Ideal engineer came out and advised that the heat exchanger and pump needed changing because they were clogged with grime, but that a power flush was needed first to clean out the system. We had the power flush completed with the result that the hot water stopped! So no heating now, or hot water.

Today, the engineers came out to fit the heat exchanger and pump only to have the exact same problem - hot water (restored), but still no heating and the same thing happening with the gas cutting out after just a few seconds. The engineers claim the boiler is fine and that the system needs flushing again. Is this possible? We've had little faith in this boiler from day one and the plumber who carried out the flush says that the system was relatively clean and that he would have detected any major problems - which he didn't. Now, we just don't know what to do. Help! We are losing our minds.

Any advice?

Firstly, are you on some sort of service plan or is the boiler under warranty? I only ask because it really is not worth spending hundreds of pounds on the boiler and a new heat exchanger and pump was not cheap I imagine.

If flushed correctly, the system should only need to be flushed once and the system should have been flushed when the boiler was installed as per the manufacturers instructions.

Do you have a Magnaclean or something similar on the system to help prevent muck from entering the boiler?

Hi, the new parts were covered by insurance, so at least that's something. I don't know if the system had been flushed properly when the boiler was installed as the boiler was already 5 years old approx when I moved into my house.

The chap who flushed it it was the boiler and not the toilet he flushed .
What cleaner did he use , how long was visit , what was start and final differential flow and return temps

Sometimes if they are not competent at flushing the scale gets forced into primary / secondary heat exchanger there is a sequence of events that must take place ,,,,
a visit to flush a house 2 floors 10rads would take around 7 hrs. The boiler manufacturer can only advise what he see's in front of him on stripdown.
Pump head removal will reveal all ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Ideal Combination boiler, even after power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock