Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pressure reducing valve - problem with in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GB1309

Hi,

I have so far fitted 2 pressure reducing valves on our mains input water supply (6bar) to reduce it to 3-4 bar. Both have failed, the pressure creeping up slowly to 6bar after a few weeks of use.
I am assuming it is could be grit coming in from the main and lodging between the poppet valve faces. Should I fit an inline filter? Does anybody have experience of these valves who might recommend me a reliable one. (These ones are Italian and cost about £20-30 from my local merchant.) I see there is quite a price variation out there.

Secondly, even when working properly at 3 bar the flow rate is poor (gauge drops to 1.5bar on flow). I think I need a unit with a greater aperture size and I see Honeywell do 04, 05 and 06 sizes but I can't find out much about the differences.

Finally we have a Telford Tempest 150lts unvented cylinder in the roof which has its own regulator to limit input pressure to 3bar. It would be down stream of an input regulator of course but I am concerned that if grit is the problem it could kill the Telford one as well and result in disaster.

Any advice or pointers gratefully received.

Thanks,

Graham.

Thanks Shaun,
I'll have a look at those Altecnic products.
We do have the tank serviced annually by a properly ticketted engineer but he does do a pressure check as part of the service, just a flow rate check.
many thanks,

Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure reducing valve - problem with in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
As part of full house renovation, I've switched from a conventional boiler/gravity fed tank to a combi boiler. Under the old system I note that a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
P
Hi. I have a hot water high pressure problem that my heating engineer (and other engineers that he has spoken to) cannot fix. I’m hoping someone...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm having trouble with a newly installed UFH system. There are 2 manifolds, one with 5 loops, the other with 9. Both are made by Herz...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock