Discuss Pressure- bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

localhero

Hi all new to site, i've removed a 3 rads & replaced them but i only connected 1 with the other 2 closed at the trv's. I've bleed the system which is fine however the pressue gauge keeps dropping to 0.5 after i've filled it up to 1-2 bar i have to refill in order to get hot tap water... thanks

so im assuming you only put 1 back on the wall and the other 2 are just shut valves not connected to any rad

Last edited by a moderator:
Trv's arnt connected & havnt got end caps on pressure drops 20-30mins from 2bar

well i would cap them for starters even if they haven't leaked yet, any signs of water near the valves?

No water capped them off, will refil to 2bar wiil get back.. thanks

Awheating : yes when the hot water runs or heating, i just filled up to 2bar turned ho****er tap on (kitchen) went up to 2bar+

The pessure gauge is still decreasing, i filled it up 1/1 12bar 20mins ago now in the red??

you didn't drain the heating down with the prv did you?
i know a few who use that trick

No just shut the rads of at trv's drained radiator, then connected 1 opened the bleed screw until water came out off it. Other rads arnt connected

do you know how to reset the prv? I am sure in one of your earlier posts you sad you could see water coming from the pipe out side?

Not sure how to do that, water from the overflow when hot wter or heating was turned on

trace the pipe that goes outside back to the boiler there should be a red valve twist it a little to the right you should here water flow out or not if it is stuck in the open position
then twist it to left till you can't you shouldn't use any force when doing it, sometimes they wont reset but at the rate its dropping you should see an improvement

Yeah turned it water came out, the water hasnt been coming out of that pipe it was the plastic pipe but that was just a drip when turning the hot water on!! It loses pressure when idle not when in use!! Could it be that because a rad is disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh dear, you mean the condense pipe? yea its supposed to
its a lot of water to be loosing in a short amount of time should't be that hard to find you did fill all the rads properly and bleed them?

Just been around again to double check them, turned heating on & re bled all ok nice & hot doesnt seam like any trapped air blocks..
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure- bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock