Discuss pre-pay gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

fitting a new cooker on monday and the meter is a pre-pay one can the meter be taken off like any other normal meter.

I wouldnt go lifting and moving as they have a tamper proof device and youll be calling out the supplier to unlock it later!!

your spot on old plumb unless you put the card in knocks out the anti tamper

i need to dissconect the meter to do some pipework adjustments.

so if i leave the card in it will be fine.

Whenever I have to do work and there is pre pay meter I am having difficult to cup the ECV ,as I don't even take the case of unleas this is the only last option.
Cos when it lock out it takes good hour on the phone,plus the responsible people must be there to spek to the gas provider as they WIll NOT come oute to reset it if they don't speak to them!oh yes if they come out it takes them about up to 4 hours to turn up!and you have to be there to commission the the gas work!
And watch out for the battery sign on the screen as if operas is highly likely to lock out due to power less!
If I was you would make sure there is some credit before starting the work!and be extremely careful taking the meter case out!

Depends on the meter, The Quantum (Brown front on a diaphragm meter) does indeed have a tilt switch and will shut down the internal valve.

The small ultrasonic Landis & Gyr ones, (the all white ones, or the ones with separate grey or brown modules attached) do not have the tilt feature and won't shut down, therefore can be manhandled.

They do have an anti-reverse flow sensor though, so make sure it goes back in with the flow in the correct direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pre-pay gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock