Discuss Powermax 155x boiler controller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyPlumbs

Hi Guys

First post for Newbie to forum, heard these boilers not very good customer wrang me up yesterday saying controller packed in and previous engineer bridged out controller now just operating boiler with on and off switch he wants to know could I replace normal room stat with programmable room stat so he can have some control on boiler? Firstly is it safe just to be turning it on and off on switch which previuos engineer did and secondly if safe could I change the stat. My immediate reaction is to leave alone as ive heard so many stories about these powermax boilers as ive never worked on one. Steered clear.

Go with your gut , it sounds like you may lac a bit experience too, no offence .

Welcome to the forums

Been a qualified general plumber for a long time fitting bathrooms and general plumbing etc but not gas safe registered though so hence no working on boilers and gas work.Customer is a friend hence why he asked me because I am also also a qualified electrician.

If your only working on the boiler controls that are external from the boiler then you don't really need to worry about the boiler at. But as your gas safe your the last bloke there so just do a visual on the appliance and check operation.

The main problem with these boilers are the flues. So just stick your head in the loft and follow the flue route in its entirety and check all joints and brackets. As long as you do this and note down any defects then your backside is well and truly covered.

Carbon monoxide alarms are a must for these boilers, ideally one in every room in which the flue passes, so advise on these if not there already.

If your planing on doing a lot of these then stock up on co alarms and sell them to your customers. Powermaxes tends to hang around in groups, usually on new estates. My mate looks after a few of them on an estate on Walsall and makes a killing selling co alarms.

If your planing on doing a lot of these then stock up on co alarms and sell them to your customers. Powermaxes tends to hang around in groups, usually on new estates. My mate looks after a few of them on an estate on Walsall and makes a killing selling co alarms.

Better still, go on à manufacturers course

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powermax 155x boiler controller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back