Discuss please help boiler kettling !!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
this diagram seems about right, but can i put the additive in this inner tank or will this contaminate my hot water

looks to me that both the systems interconnect, so I wouldnt be pouring cleanser in any time soon, also where would you pour it in to get into the heating side. you may well do better to get a flush done on your whole system by a professional, who will need to isolate the cyl and tank side to do it.

the pipe that goes into the top is loose and can be pulled out to gain access to this second tank, this is where i think you could put the additive but im not sure how this connects to the water supply inside the hot water expansion tank.

thats what im worried about

A rare beast thank god! Fortic f4. Heating takes water from main tank through pipe in bottom of little tank. Cant use chemicals as could contaminate cylinder. Could isolate heating/boiler to flush.

Dont just dump chemicals in top or your next bath could be interesting!!

Not seen one of these before......where's Tamz when you need him ...lol regards Turnpin:smilielol5:

It shares a common feed tank. Even though it has a seperate vent, it will expand down the cold feed into the hot water cystern.

My old house had this system. I binned it for a Vaillant combi. Even put a towel radiator inside the airing cupboard for the wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all your replies and help.

Now need to decide to flush the system or change to a combi (major Expense)

my system is old but has always been reliable.

????????????

What i dont understand is why some days it is quiet and some days it sounds like a heard of elephants coming through the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please help boiler kettling !!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back