Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pipe sizes (installation of a cooker) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoRiS HeAtInG

Is it ok to increase the pipe size to connect to 15mm copper if the pipe coming through the floor is barrel pipe.

Thanks

Never came accross barrel pipe but would want to change over under floor so only one type of pipe showing . Is this in a house ?

Soz just noticed it's for a gas pipe .

Yes it's a gas pipe in a house, I've been told that you can increase it to 15mm copper as its barrel (LCS) and barrel carries a higher volume of gas than copper, from what I've read it seems correct, I just want to clarify.

increase?in doubt your barrel under floor is less than 1/2 inch unless its feeding a gas fire

This is in a kitchen, had a 15mm gas valve on it that was capped, one of those old type gas valves

Very much so, he hasn't earnt the reward of "higher" knowledge lol

ok to convert to copper, yes. the correct sizing for the appliance? god knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe sizes (installation of a cooker) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What size coupler do I need to connect soil pipe to main drain - please see photos
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my...
Replies
Views
F
Does adaptor exist? Hi, looking to move a rad, the original valves will be hidden behind a bath, so I was wanting to leave original valves in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock