Discuss Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

Just been asked how much to remove a rad for decorating. I know its standard stuff and not a massive job. Am i over charging at 20 quid?

Unless it's next door it's too cheap. They'll want it back on for that price too.

Plus have you seen it. It could be 50 years old and never been touched :)

Do you have to go back and reinstall? £20 sounds cheap, what if a valve don't turn off or you get problems... You'll be regretting £20 then.

No so long as you charge £20 to refit it and don`t forget to cap valves so as to cover your posterier regards turnpin:yes:

You guys are worth your weight in gold (or copper :)). This advise is invaluable. Thank you all.
We all have to start somewhere dont we.

All good advise, especially turnpis to cap the valves, dont want an insurance claim!

I wouldnt sleep at night if i didnt cap it. for the price of a couple of cap ends its a no brainer aint it. unless said customer has a thing for water features lol.

With the money you earn from this job put it towards a wetvac, then next time you'll be quicker draining the rad but still charge the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
I’ve just swapped these new valves over live. Didn’t realise how bad the old nuts looked until finished the job. Would it be hard taking these...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock