Discuss OLCI Experiences in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Hi all,

I have just had My OLCI advisor come round and the course seems great but I am struggling to find reviews of the Gas course,

There are a few NVQ course reviews from 2008-2009 which are good and a few recent ones which are not so good,

So any reviews of OLCI would be great, especially on the gas course.

A few things that I am interested in are,

Do they give support like they say they do?
Do they help find a gas engineer like they say they do?
Do they supply materials and books like they say they do?
Do they supply the free extras that they promise?

I am not stupid and would be able to read up and learn pretty fast but want to make sure i will get the support if i do struggle.

hi jase. i went with olci tutor helped me with the l3 because i struggled with it, doesnt mean you are stupid if you have to ask. no problems with getting the books i was due. just do your research and speak to a tutor maybe in one of the centres your going to be at you can get a feel for the place then. i new a few of the guys i trained with got help with the job hunting just double check with them. good luck mate.

I have a "Careers Advisor" coming round Wednesday at 4pm regarding the plumbing courses on offer.

Anyone have any idea on price for this?

I have been self employed in the insulation industry for a good few years, unfortunatley this is coming to an end so i'm looking to get something sorted while I still have funds to really make a go of it.

As I understand, I can start up myself on completion of C&G Technical Certificate, although to gain NVQ I would have to complete 2 assessments, I would also be unable to undertake Gas Safe training until NVQ training is complete - Can anyone confirm this.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OLCI Experiences in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am new to this forum and would like to say hello and thanks for accepting me. I just purchased a home and I would like to install a...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock