Discuss olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goolok78

Hi just wanted to know if training with this company to become a plumber is actually worth it,had a look around and these seem the best although don't wanna part with 6 k and have no job at the end of it. Will i be employable with a city and guilds 6129 certificate? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

Did my 6129 with OLCI in Bristoland passed in July 2009. I went self employed(and love it), I think this is the only way at present . Good Luck

You won't be employable. Minimum NVQ2 or SVQ3 to get a job.
Only route is out on your own with little knowledge and basic skills. A bit like learning to swim by being thrown off a 10m platform:eek:

Don't know where you are situated but I did my course with N.T.P.S. training in Hyde Nr. Manchester. The course was a lot cheaper at around 4K. They are very friendly and flexible and accept payments as you go along. My son-in-law did a course a few years back with a company in London, he paid up front for a part time course. He had difficulty sometimes getting booked in for each practical module and had to wait for the next vacancy. After a year he hadn't completed all the modules and hidden in the small print it said he must pay again for each module still left. He had one left and it cost him another £700 (believe the course was about 7K for 10 modules).

I have an OLCI course and due to a break down in a relationship I am left with it.

It is for City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate (6129); also helps prepare you for City & Guilds NVQ 2 (6089) in Plumbing.

We also got four extra courses which are - Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems, Solar Thermal, Heat Pumps and Ceramic Tiling.

I will be creating an add on Gumtree under Plumbing Course, Edinburgh. Please take a look if you are interested.

hi thanks for ur reply just wondering if u did ur nvq level 2 with olci aswell as thats what they recently told me would be included when they came round. Did u have no problems finding work to do afterwards or was there plenty? thanks

Why not look for a college that you could go to, I did my 6129 at Kingston College it took 11 months and was a lot cheaper than 6k, I’m doing the NVQ with them at the moment and, that has cost nada

Hi, I did 6129 with OLCI at Manchester. @ 43 I new I wasn't going to be employed by any one so set out on self employment route doing general plumbing and bathroom installations. Five years later and still here. I found that once self employed, through business link and associated bodies there is a certain amount of funding available for training and have been able to consolidate skills and qualifications with their help. I found that to make a go of it plumbing was only one of many skills neccessary. you need to be a good all rounder. I'm now doing my part P with OLCI but under no illussion that I'll be able to walk out of the centre kitted up and ready to go.

Would I do it again?

Absolutely.

I wouldn't hesitate to do the course again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock