Discuss olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Young Gunner,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

A member of our Student Services team will be in touch with you today. If you have any queries after speaking to a member of our team, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Hear more and more bad stories about these processing plants... Education? Really? Money upfront and your high and dry

Info for anyone thinking of undertaking training with OLCI:
They have been taken over by ERR Ltd. This means that there is going to be a new system in place, and I have to say that it's about time.
I have had no end of trouble attempting to get my portfolio passed so that I can take the ACS exam.
If I went into the list of grievances with their marking procedures it would take ages. The tutors are great, very knowledgeable, and good communicators but the admin system is pathetic (I do mean the system, and not the people using it as they are all very helpful).
I used to run an art department in a secondary school and could mark 30 - 40 GCSE portfolios in one day. OLCI take at least 8 weeks to mark one portfolio with what effectively is around 2 weeks of work, why?
Oh , and another gripe (Getting it all off the chest, so to speak) the IV remarked that my gas rate calculations were wrong yet when I went to see my tutor at the training centre he couldn't find fault at all. I was also told, quite specifically, that I did not need to complete any boiler installation (It even stated this on the check sheet) yet the IV commented that I must complete 3 boiler installations in order to have my portfolio passed, again, why? If it says 0 then it doesn't mean 3!

Everybody steer clear of OLCI !!! I had the misfortune of signing up with these people and all I have had is problems, I have told them I want my money back when I was only 2 steps away from being fully qualified, that's how bad they are !!!

Due to all my ongoing and constant problems my course had expired, they knew this but still sent me off to do my portfolio with the gas safe corporation... On completion of my portfolio, I tried to contact them only to be informed that they had gone bankrupt and ERR limited had bought them out and due to my course expiring they will not be helping me when all I need is a signature from my tutor and my photos taken from college !

I have looked on their website and found 3 different phone numbers all leading to the same automated message giving out an email address...which obviously I have continued to message but not had a response.... One very angry student now seeking legal advice over this course and not for the first time !!!

My advice, save your money or find some real training !

Re: Posting

Rang KPMG administrators 020 7311 1000 . They put me onto Alana Vine who told me to call Johnathan Ex OLCI on 07532 072184. Thanks Croppie hopefully everyone in this unfortunate situation can get some joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock