Discuss olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
9k and you didnt get anything!!!
what happened with the new company? same place did they have the same staff, was there a name change, didnt they offer you the training?

Just been contacted by OLCI with regards to a NVQ 2 C&G 6089
Finished my tech cert 6129. Also mentioned ACS gas training any views or advice appreciated.

Is this the best way to go as i want the best training rather than doing it as soon as possible

Please advice!!

Jamie,

Unless you have years of engineering experience you really need to get some work with a GSE as gas is a different kettle of fish compared to the wet stuff. Then again, even with year of engineering experience you need to get some work on actual gas, in the field. Training centres cannot replace it, although with good training you do stand in a much better stead.

Regards

in some ways its easier to train someone on gas in a centre than it is plumbing as the main safety aspects can be covered along with numerous types of appliances

as fuzzy said i would try and speak to them again, they have always been pretty good with talking with me and helped me out when i've needed it.

Just started with OLCI and looking to go it alone once qualified. I have thus far been impressed with their facilities and flexibility ( I am trying to qualify in the minimum time I can) - I'm enjoying the course and looking forward to learning everything I can.

I am currently doing my Gas with OLCI manchester. Started it about a year and half ago. So far it has cost me £3500. They sent me out a huge folder to read through, Everything from Letby test to Flues. I read through this then booked onto my 2 weeks intensive training in the training center which i must admit was good and i thought i learned alot. After the 2 weeks had finished i had to build a portfolio which consisted off write ups of jobs/photos and all that lot but this has stopped me dead in my tracks as i cant find a gas engineer to help anywhere. Not got long left either. Does anyone know of any gas engineers based round manchester that want any unpaid work. I am a quilified plumber and have done this job for about 8 years. OLCI are alright but getting your portfolio done is a b*tch.

Hi Hobo128,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are looking for work with a Gas Engineer. You can contact our job placement advisor who may be able to assist you. Although we cannot guarentee work, we will do what we can to help you.

Please call us on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Hello everybody
I am currently working towards C&G 6129 BasicPlumbing Studies Level 2. I want to start C&G 6129 Domestic PlumbingStudies Level 3 with OCIA Construction, Manchester.
I have a couple of questions to ask?
· How much money does it cost to achieve 6129domestic plumbing studies level 3?
· How long does it take to achieve 6129domestic plumbing studies level 3?
· Does OCIA Construction have their own GasSafe registered plumbers, and does it cost money to train to gain the NVQ Level2 & 3 plus independent assessments e.g. ACS Gas, Water Regulations 1999?
Thank you J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to olci construction training anygood? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock