Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Oil burner boiler riello burner rdb HELP in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello alll,

I have a firebird combi oil burner with the riello burner rdb in. It was working perfect up untill yesterday where it's going straight into instant lockout and won't do anything. Not fuel related because I can see it squiring out.

Any guesses to what it could be ? Thank you

My 16 year old Firebird does a 12 sec purge, followed by ignition coil + oil solenoid energised, it then allows 5 sec for the photo electric cell to see the flame, so even if photo cell failed then might see a flame for a few secs.? You can hear mine lighting off quite clearly.

It’s possible a cell is functioning but not well enough. Using a multimeter in series you can check the micro amps. Don’t know what that reading should be though. An RDB box going straight to lockout suggests the box itself. If a little more information was provided I’d have a better picture of the problem.

Reply to Oil burner boiler riello burner rdb HELP in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all Our riello burner intermittently won’t ignite. However for some reason when you tap gently the oil pump it lights every time. Any help...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock