Search the forum,

Discuss now bag woop woop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

IMG00359-20120306-1410.jpg

IMG00358-20120306-1410.jpg

just got my new tool bag today love it just found some bits left in the lock up.
still need to get loads more not a happy boy

nice one tiling, its a start, handle just snapped on mine so i need new un too

nice one tiling, its a start, handle just snapped on mine so i need new un too

grab yourself a bargain from Maplin,just got one the other day

[DLMURL="http://www.maplin.co.uk/heavy-duty-multi-purpose-tool-holdall-353681"]Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Tool Holdall : Storage Boxes & Bags : Maplin Electronics[/DLMURL]

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey that is cheap. Does it feel sturdy?

Mine cost about ÂŁ70 but I could carry an osmium bowling ball in it.

good one tiler, sorry again for the loss, bloody cheap arssee thiefs cant afford there own, karma always comes around. good luck again mate.

i have that bag, i find that almost plumber i see now has an open tote bag either this one or stanley

it gets kept clean and organised for a while then gets full of crap you dont need, im due a well good clear out of mine lol

i have that bag as well very good for me. i agree with GQ though does get filled with carp

I've got a huge tool box that I keep in the van and take the tote bag out to jobs with tools filled from the big toolbox. Got the Stanley version.

I have two,one small one with a few screw drivers in,couple of grips,wire cutters and pocket multi meter,that I use when jobbing

Then this one that has soldering stuff,pipe cutters ect and all the other stuff
I also carry a couple of plastic carrier bags in that one,so old rad valves,taps,bits of pipe ect go in the plastic carrier and not the tool bag,I sling them in a plastic box in the back of the van and sort out as and when,got fed up of having more rubbish and scrap than tools in me tool bag
[FONT=&amp]
Well I tell a lie,coz I then have another bag that has my analyser and printer,gas sniffer,stop watch,u gauge in,with cp12 pad,and a few screw drivers and small grips,to do gsr work[/FONT]

I know why women need so many handbags now !!:stooge_moe:

grab yourself a bargain from Maplin,just got one the other day

[DLMURL="http://www.maplin.co.uk/heavy-duty-multi-purpose-tool-holdall-353681"]Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Tool Holdall : Storage Boxes & Bags : Maplin Electronics[/DLMURL]

:biggrin:
nice one puddle bought 2 cos they take sum stick for 22.97 all in :)

I've gone away from a tool bag now, i could never seem to find what i was after. Have gone to a metal cantilevered toolbox, once open i know where every thing is (unless the lad put it away!!).

When servicing I always feel I'm carrying enough stuff to stay a week, toolbox, telegan, hoover, bucket full of odds and sods, I would swear my arms are at least 2" longer come friday afternoon.

So true Roger.

Glad it's not just me.

Three trips sometimes just to service a boiler.

I've just bought a cordless vacuum cleaner from Argos for ÂŁ12. Hoping I can use that instead of carrying the big wet vac around.

My old boss used a bucket. But he was that type. I worked for him for a year and saw him buy one new tool. It was a spanner and it stuck out like the sorest thumb , all shiny and silver against the pitchest black. I think it was an attitude partly inspired by him having had his stuff nicked more than once and so deliberatey keeping as much as possible filthy and old.

I've 3 of these dewalt bags. Must be about 2 years old. Handle has snapped on one of them, but I do overload a bit lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Iv got the dewalt one and a Stanley fatmax one. Stanley ones far better made. Dewalt one wobbles from side to side if you press down on handle. Stanley is very rigid. Stanley maybe 3 years old dewalt about 2

I use a solid plastic tray. (very deep) which I got from B&Q about two years ago.

One side I keep tools with no moving parts - screwdrivers, chisels etc.
The other side tools with moving parts - grips, adjustable spanners, stanely knife.

It has a seperate little slot on the top which fits a 15mm & 22mm slice perfectly.

I keep the 28mm on in the tray.

Then in the van I have one (took me years to whittle it down to one) big tool box full of tools I don't use so much. Club hammers, etc.

My van is packed to the gunnels though. Powertools, stock and all the other random stuff you need through the course of a week.

will recommend you , do not unscrew your burner from the bottle , doing this on a daily base could damage the thread on the burner

That reminds me...I was burning some paint off a pipe today and using wire wool to get if off after heating and I remembered someone writing on here that wire wool can set gas bottles on fire? Was that right? Or did I misunderstand.

Yup, it was if they touch a battery and short it out. Not my post, but I remember it.

Ah ok.

How likely is that? I mean if your cordless is in the floor in a room you're working and you drop some wirewool on it..

I've got an old cordless. I might try it in the garden. There's nothing much on TV.

I didn't use wirewool until I saw the TomPlumb video of him burning paint and rubbing with wirewool. Works a treat. Can't really do it with abrasive pads you'd burn your fingers.

i use wirewool , to strip old paint and to clean really really old pipe work ! new pipe work just flux and heat than wipe off , if still no good flux and heat again then is ok to solder

abrasive strips, use it like your flossing your arse with a towel

i use wire wool keep forgeting to get the strips, the strips are better for getting tough things off like paint and really old dirty copper.

put some flux on pipe, heat up with blowtorch then clean with steel wool works for me the now for dirty copper, paint usually a heat it up then remove with wool

Last edited:
abrasive strips, use it like your flossing your arse with a towel

Yeah strips are better for getting paint off but I find wool easier to use immediately after heating painted pipe. Easier to go round whole pipe in one movement. Horrible, horrible stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to now bag woop woop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock