Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Non U bend U bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wiseowl1

Hi all,

Trying to save space under the new bath with this piece of kit no U bend but internal membraine that closes to prevent odours and also it claims no water noise I think expensive at £20 is this good or will it fail.

Your help very welcome

Thanks

Won't a shallow bath trap suffice? They can fit between the bath and the floor.

its a hepvo valve they are very good and work well but like you say expensive piece of kit,
only fit shallow seal trap if not going into soil stack
imo

Sounds like one of those Hep things. Ditto dontknowitall. Plus you can always cut a hole in a board.

I'm not sure they've been around long enough to really judge the, but air-admittance "Durgo" valves operate on a similar principle and fail "fairly" often.

I did the same with my cover photo on my facebook timeline to sort of forgo having one.

I'm not sure they've been around long enough to really judge the, but air-admittance "Durgo" valves operate on a similar principle and fail "fairly" often.

They're nothing like a durgo valve. A durgo is a flap of thick plastic held in place with a spring. They regularly fail because they are dry all the time. The HepVo valve is a rubber diaphragm and has been around quite a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non U bend U bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock