Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No water coming out from pipe when dishwasher disconnected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Cochrane

Hi
This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but here goes!

When my dishwasher is DISconnected from the pipe, and I turn the little tap on at the pipe, is it normal that no water comes out? i.e. Does water only flow out if there is a machine there to pump it out?

The reason I ask is because my old dishwasher stopped working (had no idea why but I wanted a new one anyway so I didn't care too much) so I replaced it with a brand new one, but this one isn't functioning either. I'm now thinking the problem is with the plumbing, not the machine. If I disconnect the machine and turn on the tap, no water comes out. Does this mean there's a faulty valve or something?! Thanks.

The plastic handle could be goosed, take it off (phillips screwdriver) and turn the valve with a spanner. Carefully in case you get wet :)

Hi Dave and welcome could be the small lever is worn take out the small screw and turn the part
you have exposed with a small adjustable spanner ...let us know how you get on regards turnpin

Water should be flowing. However quite often with those valves the plastic head breaks and just turns without opening the valve.

Take the plastic top off (usually held on with a small screw) and use a pair of grips to open the valve.

Water should be flowing. However quite often with those valves the plastic head breaks and just turns without opening the valve.

Take the plastic top off (usually held on with a small screw) and use a pair of grips to open the valve.

Many thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

Well, at least I know the problem is with the tap/valve and not the machine. I have examined it, but there is no "plastic handle" or "plastic head" on it (the only plastic is a little screw that held the metal tap head in place, which I just broke after taking it out then screwing it back in again too hard!). I clearly don't know jack about this stuff and should stay away from plumbing. I'm gonna call in a professional. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water coming out from pipe when dishwasher disconnected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock