Discuss No HW, CH works fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all!

In need of some advice. Got home yesterday after a hard days graft, jumped in the shower only to find out there is no hot water left! Went to the thermostat and clicked 'water boost' The boiler didn't kick into life at all. No lights no nothing. I tried basic resets to no success. I then tried turning the CH on but the boiler still didn't spring to life! I have no power to the boiler. I traced the wiring back to the airing cupboard and checked supplies to pump and valve. Pump checked ok but no power to/from valve. I took the electrical front off (it's a Drayton Mid 3port) and found the valve was seized so assumed it had burnt the electrical piece out. This evening I replaced the valve body and electrical front but still have no hot water! The central heating now works though as long as it is turned on by itself. As soon as I turn the hot water on the boiler cuts out.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Hopefully ive overlooked something or I've got a bad understanding of how the system works???

Cheers

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No HW, CH works fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock