Search the forum,

Discuss New tool bag/ case in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Today saw the first outing for my new 'service bag'. Ive tried many tool boxes and trugs and ended up with a really nie tool roll last month but often with boiler servicing (my main role) there is little room in the boiler cupboard to lay a roll out. SO, found this (cant beleive someones done a Youtube review!) but its already proven excellent. You can have all your spanners lined up and quite alot of room for odds n sods:

£40 well spent.

Stanley FatMax Tool Organiser Bag Box 1-94-231 94-231 STA194231 - YouTube

If Quentin Crisp had been a plumber, he'd have bought that one
Love it.

AA.jpg

Fantastic you tube, all them spaces and all his tools were thrown in the bottom.lol

Fantastic you tube, all them spaces and all his tools were thrown in the bottom.lol
I did notice that and it made me chuckle too. Perhaps they are not suitable for 'inner van rotations' like the rest of my kit...:-0

I recently (2 weeks) got one of these imported from America through Hartley tools.

[DLMURL="http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-18-in-Large-Mouth-Bag-with-Tool-Wall-80897N09/202018002#.UmbVK_msiiA"]Husky 18 in. Large Mouth Bag with Tool Wall-80897N09 at The Home Depot[/DLMURL]

It is like that Stanley one but with even more tool pockets and organisation. I've used it as my daily toolbox for a couple weeks now and to be honest, I don't know if it's working for me. Everywhere had a place, but in that, it's hard to find anything. It takes extreme discipline, especially on friday afternoon or when a job isn't going quite as well as you'd hoped.

Still the best toolbag/box i've ever had (and i've now been through 2 of) is the Stanley Fatmax tool tote thing:

STANLEY FATMAX OPEN TOTE TOOL BAG 1-93-951 - NEW | eBay

Open, but with pockets in the sides to put regular tools in. Even a nice big sliding pocket in the side for a manometer! Don't lean on it though otherwise the handle breaks off at one end (that's why i've been through 2). But in terms of everyday usability, it's unbeatable imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use one of these, got a waterproof base on mine. Tools in the 2 flaps, analyser and test gear in the central compartment.

I like walking onto a job knowing I've everything to hand that I need.

[video=youtube;W7WphOf9-V0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WphOf9-V0[/video]

Well, a week down the line and Im loving my new bag. Wife can't work out why I love a toolbag, I take pleasure in knowing you guys understand :)

I've had the stanley one for 3yrs now. Has a few holes in it but it has been fantastic for the price. Never used the fold out function though

I've got that Stanley one too, holds loads of tools and displays them well so you know if any things missing and exactly where things are. Carries all my service and breakdown tools (except for oil) and can get my iPad in there too.

Love it too!

I used to have one of the Stanley organisers, but it took a battering in the van. Took the plunge and bought a Veto Pro Pac. Very expensive but definitely worth it. It's 2 years old and looks 2 days old. I would have gone through 2 Stanley bags in this time, and looks professional too.

The only thing about the Veto is the lack of UK stockists, which means its v. Hard to get hands on before you buy it. If they were more widely available and people could see / feel them, they would be more popular IMO.

I was checking out an engineers Veto bag the other day, never seen or heard of them before, he was telling me how great they are and to be fair it was a nice bag but at £150+ I doubt I'll be buying! He had one for installs and one for servicing!

I have that one, i used it for my plumbing stuff at first but now it has my sparky kit in it :)

I now have the stanley plumbers bag, it is really good tbh :)

Stanley UK - FatMax? Plumbing Bag

The stanley bag in the link looks good but then I read this review below it.
"Arrived and looked the mutts nuts. loaded it up with kit, this must be the mutts nuts. next day 3 little catches on the top popped off and they hold the bag together during transit. won't refit, supplier not interested as they say must be overloaded. DON'T GO NEAR LOOKS GOOD RUBBISH QUALITY"
Stanley might want to sort that out as its pretty much the only thing to read on the page. Lol

Fatmax stuff is generally very good I find. That one review is damning but its only one. Bloke just had bad luck I reckon.

Managed to empty a whole tin of Heldite into one side of my new bag...it fell on its side and somehow the lid was cracked. I had to dismantle both sets of Bahcos and soak in a tub of Meths/ carb cleaner/ Gunk etc and clean up. Bummer.

Managed to empty a whole tin of Heldite into one side of my new bag...it fell on its side and somehow the lid was cracked. I had to dismantle both sets of Bahcos and soak in a tub of Meths/ carb cleaner/ Gunk etc and clean up. Bummer.

Good stuff, heldite, until you get it where you don't want it.

The guy in the first youtube vid must be about 4 stone wet through.
There was bugger all in that case and he strained like a weight lifter whenever he had to move it :)
I'd like to see him with my big red toolbox, the one with the hammers in ;)

Just had a clc workgear/dewalt open bag delivered, not even had chance to open it yet.

Still need a decent service bag. Can't bring myself to buy a veto pro though

I use one of these, got a waterproof base on mine. Tools in the 2 flaps, analyser and test gear in the central compartment.

I like walking onto a job knowing I've everything to hand that I need.

[video=youtube;W7WphOf9-V0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WphOf9-V0[/video]
Anyone know where i can get the blue version of this from opposed to the Magma version in grey????

I've had two of those blue ones think they area de by Irwin. Plumb center used to stock them. Have a look on eBay. Not great if you normally carry about a lot of tools. Both of mine ripped along the zip line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New tool bag/ case in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Well chaps after going round and round the block with trying every kind of tool box to tote bags . I started 19 years ago with a cantiliever box then went to plastic stanley boxes and lastly used tote bags but found i was pulling stuff out everytime to get a tool required . Well ive been full...
Replies
Views
T
ok its come too the crunch i really cant be asked with messing about with ather trades my main line of work for over 9/.10 years is plastering and still is. soo its time to sell off all my ather gear to make rooom for the new age of plastering. help raze funds for new kit. so up for grabs is...
Replies
Views
tiling spread
T
S
im on the look out for a new tool box,bag etc ive a stanley shockmaster at the mo and was thinking off on off those stanley fat max tote bags or even one off these :p
Replies
Views
ddplumbing
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock