Search the forum,

Discuss what tool box / bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well chaps after going round and round the block with trying every kind of tool box to tote bags . I started 19 years ago with a cantiliever box then went to plastic stanley boxes and lastly used tote bags but found i was pulling stuff out everytime to get a tool required . Well ive been full circle and im back to a cantiliever box made by facom. Its really good for being orginised ( kind of) and i use my magma tech bag for servicing and maintenence . So see how different everyones tool kits are. What do you guys use or even post a pic . You join in aswell Ray post a pic of your daily tools cheers folks get your pics up

Attachments

• 20140604_115641.jpg
    20140604_115641.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 289
I'm happy with my STANLEY FATMAX. In fact I’ve got two of them – one for gas and one for plumbing.

$_35.JPG

British Telecom cantilever cost £4.50,theres one on ebay at the mo for £75:rolleyes2:

Attachments

• WP_20140205_001[1].jpg
    WP_20140205_001[1].jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 255
I'm a bit OCD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 124
Great I've got two of those in the garage. Wondered how the old blue fittings boxes would fetch. I'm sitting on a fortune.

at the moment I am using a £20 Stanley box I got from wickes I will try take a picture tomorrow if I remember I have used open tote bags tool trays everything!! I still use a tray for my soldering gear like

i have the fatmax one awesome stuff, come to fink of it everything i have is nearly fatmax :)

Heres my sack o goodies. Spent ages deliberating about spending the money on a pro pac but all those worries go out the window when you have bought one and are using it every day. There is nothing better on the market at the moment imho. I will be changing my service bag for a smaller veto at some point too.
a6urepuz.jpg
y4anuze7.jpg

Thumbs up from me on the Veto's have XL for servicing work and OTXXL for boiler bashing jobs. Have a MB as well but not found a use for it now I have a bashing bag setup and servicing bag.

Stanley tray for my main tools and Stanley Fatmax XL that I keep in the van for other tools.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 133
Yep and is that a pair of crescent grips ?

The F shaped spanner I got from a car boot sale for 50p over 20 years ago, it was a bit rusty but it cleaned up and I think it was a bargain!!

Yes they are Crescent grips ( red handles) bought new about 15 years ago, very good grips.

the F shaped ones are footprints, best tools in my kit after my bahco adjustables

the F shaped ones are footprints, best tools in my kit after my bahco adjustables

No the Footprints are next to the F shape adjustable facing the other way , in the first picture taken from above the F shape spanner is on the left with the top touching the orange tape measure.

gotcha lol, i need my eyes testing i didn't even see them only the footys

The footys also cost me 50p second hand over 20 years ago, I like this type because of the knurled adjusting nut, I do have some of the original type in the garage as a spare.

It's great to know I have something to look forward to, and that I may have wasted my money.

Thanks for that,lame.

only here to help and wondering what to try next, all my bags are in bits and I have a selection of oversized stanley boxes on wheels whith trolley handles etc in the shed that are so heavy I couldnt keep carting them around :) I can see a briefcase version next and not caring everything around.

I really like these now.
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-fatmax-18-cantilever-toolbox/83912

Just ordered a Veto PAC Laptop XL for the new job.

Currently using a case from RS. Covers the majority of the building services and gas work I do.

photo 1 (3).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3 (2).jpg

You can never have enough tools or bags to put them in.

Last edited:
only here to help and wondering what to try next, all my bags are in bits and I have a selection of oversized stanley boxes on wheels whith trolley handles etc in the shed that are so heavy I couldnt keep carting them around :) I can see a briefcase version next and not caring everything around.

you could try this for your tools!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 157
8ava7ysu.jpg

Pretty much all I need for domestic service and repair.

And then there sis my other toolbox

zyde5ana.jpg
unynare9.jpg

3a7yha5e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine. My FGA, multimeter and electronic differential pressure gauges all go in the middle section.

Attachments

• IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 139
Like the hoses ermi,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what tool box / bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock