Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Radiator Thermostats Don't Fit. What Are My Options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idiot

Hi,

I bought four new digital thermostats (Komforthaus N Pro+) without considering that they may not not fit. They have M30 x 1.5 mm connections, whereas my radiators have... something else. I'm not sure what, but the old thermostats are 'Concerto 5'.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do other than send these units back. Are there any adaptors out there that might allow them to fit? The radiator connections seem to have a slightly smaller diameter, and maybe a smaller pitch, too. Here's a pic, in case it helps identify them:

radiator-connection.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Different manufactures have different styles, sizes and threads and most heads are not compatible with other bodies, (so you have to buy theirs). You need to buy the whole unit and change the complete valve head and body.

Eurgh, I don't like the sound of that!

AMGasServices: this is all I got with the thermostats:

thermostats.jpg

It's one of those. I bet if you read the small print it will say "fits most types of valve body" if they're old likelihood is they'll be off the list. Will likely need new valve bodies

Hi,

I bought four new digital thermostats (Komforthaus N Pro+) without considering that they may not not fit. They have M30 x 1.5 mm connections, whereas my radiators have... something else. I'm not sure what, but the old thermostats are 'Concerto 5'.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do other than send these units back. Are there any adaptors out there that might allow them to fit? The radiator connections seem to have a slightly smaller diameter, and maybe a smaller pitch, too. Here's a pic, in case it helps identify them:

View attachment 28724

Thanks in advance for any help.

How much did you pay!?

I don't fancy the job myself. Any ideas what I could expect to pay for a plumber to change the valve head / body on five radiators, so that I could fit these thermostats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Radiator Thermostats Don't Fit. What Are My Options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock