Discuss New Gas Cooker- how do I describe this!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tr002b0685

Hi all,

I have just purchased a new gas cooker and my plumber is asking me to let him know the type of fitting so he can get the hose on his way.....

Now, my old cooker looks simple, an inlet with threads to take a 1/2" hose.

This new one has the inlet, but with what looks to be aluminium/metal cap inside...so no hole!

Any help as to what i need to tell him....before I look stooopid! (if I don't already!!!)

Cheers

what I do in this situation is buy a couple of different fittings, this way I have some stock left over if its a male or female connection

Cheers,

Are all new cookers fitted with this cap now and should he know about this and have the tools to remove it.

Sorry for sounding dim, just dont want to be ripped off as I have never seen this cap/cover on the cooker inlet before.

*edited for spelling*

Last edited by a moderator:
if hes a GAS SAFE engineer who has his cooker ticket and has half a brain I'm sure he'll manage

ok cheers GQuigley67....it just looked unusual to me...see what he says when i tell him that! :innocent:

The cap sounds like the protective screw in cap that is there to protect the threads on the inlet. Standard hose and connections should be ok. If not as GQuigley67 says, the fitter should bring along a few types. He can always return the ones he doesn't use.

Ahh...I see, thanks for that simple answer system3... just wanted to know what it was myself in case he tried to bamboozle a damsel in distress!!

Thanks again

Tracy :O)

Ahh...I see, thanks for that simple answer system3... just wanted to know what it was myself in case he tried to bamboozle a damsel in distress!!

Thanks again

Tracy :O)

Hi again Tracy, let us know how you get on with this installation and the parts used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Gas Cooker- how do I describe this!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock