Search the forum,

Discuss New filler valve rather loud. Any ideas? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all hope all is well.
I recently needed to fix our leaky main bathroom toilet. I thought as I am taking the cistern off the wall I'd replace all the parts so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a few years at least.

I installed a new flush valve and a new filler valve. Both work fine but the filler valve is a lot louder filling the tank than the previous one.

I installed a
The water drops down from the blue filler on the top and I recall that on the previous filler valve there was a plastic sleeve that sort of muffled the fill. However this valve never came with one.

What are these sleeves called? Can I buy them separately of the valve? I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Help would be appreciated.

Restrictor is what you need.
It's needed if the water supply at the WC is mains pressure.
There should have been one with the new fill valve.

There's sometimes 2 one with large gaps for low pressure and one with small gaps like below for high pressure Restrictor.PNG

Reply to New filler valve rather loud. Any ideas? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock