Search the forum,

Discuss New combi drill advice and recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Evening lads looks like my dewalt 18v combi is about to give up the ghost, don't fum smooth no more and can sometimes give off a slight burning smell (apparently the brushes) it's 7 years old and well used and done good.

recomendations please

maybe even 2 :) one to drill and one to drive hummmm

Some good deals out there on 18V drill and driver sets, have a look in screwfix for ideas/prices.
Personally I would go for Dewalt or Makita........Milwaukee are the bees knees but not sure on price, I hear the Milwaukee fuel brand is the better gear to go for.

Man well impressed with how my old dewalt has lasted. I treat it like s&&t lol dropped, kicked, drilled waste holes when I can't be bothered to go get the sds lol and it's still going

I'm still running Dewalt 18V combi drill on NiCad's and impact driver, well abused but doesn't miss a beat!
Reliable gear

You could probably revive your old drill cheaply by fitting a set of brushes yourself. I am not promoting Hilti but they have an offer until 19th Dec. Their 22volt combi body or impact driver or small sds drill etc are £129 + vat each. If you need the charger & batteries you can buy a charger with a 3.3ah battery for £99 + vat.
https://www.hilti.co.uk/winterwarmers

Impact driver for screwing? Bit overkill??? Or ideal????

Especially for screwing, because of the action you get next to no cam-out of the screw head when using the correct bit and with anything heavy duty like a frame or concrete fixing you'll wonder how you ever managed without.

Tbh I also thought they were a bit OTT when they first came out but then you end up using it to for nearly everything because it's so quick and efficient, with the appropriate spade/flat bit it'll also munch through joists stress free and never catch. On occasion I even use it as a normal drill with the right drill bits or an added chuck if I want to travel light, it really is a great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi drill advice and recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock