Search the forum,

Discuss New combi drill advice and recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Evening lads looks like my dewalt 18v combi is about to give up the ghost, don't fum smooth no more and can sometimes give off a slight burning smell (apparently the brushes) it's 7 years old and well used and done good.

recomendations please

maybe even 2 :) one to drill and one to drive hummmm

Some good deals out there on 18V drill and driver sets, have a look in screwfix for ideas/prices.
Personally I would go for Dewalt or Makita........Milwaukee are the bees knees but not sure on price, I hear the Milwaukee fuel brand is the better gear to go for.

Man well impressed with how my old dewalt has lasted. I treat it like s&&t lol dropped, kicked, drilled waste holes when I can't be bothered to go get the sds lol and it's still going

I'm still running Dewalt 18V combi drill on NiCad's and impact driver, well abused but doesn't miss a beat!
Reliable gear

You could probably revive your old drill cheaply by fitting a set of brushes yourself. I am not promoting Hilti but they have an offer until 19th Dec. Their 22volt combi body or impact driver or small sds drill etc are £129 + vat each. If you need the charger & batteries you can buy a charger with a 3.3ah battery for £99 + vat.
https://www.hilti.co.uk/winterwarmers

Impact driver for screwing? Bit overkill??? Or ideal????

Especially for screwing, because of the action you get next to no cam-out of the screw head when using the correct bit and with anything heavy duty like a frame or concrete fixing you'll wonder how you ever managed without.

Tbh I also thought they were a bit OTT when they first came out but then you end up using it to for nearly everything because it's so quick and efficient, with the appropriate spade/flat bit it'll also munch through joists stress free and never catch. On occasion I even use it as a normal drill with the right drill bits or an added chuck if I want to travel light, it really is a great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi drill advice and recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ 18V 5.0AH LI-ION LXT CORDLESS COMBI DRILL & IMPACT DRIVER TWIN PACK Priced at £299.99 Or MILWAUKEE M18CBLPP2A-402C 18V 4.0AH LI-ION REDLITHIUM...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread. This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread. If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels...
Replies
Views
My old ryobi has finally given up the ghost on a job earlier so I need to invest in a new drill. I deadly want an impact driver too but budget is extremely tight. £200 for both ideally but I don't want to buy cheap (although my ryobi has lasted 8 years). Is there much difference between 10.2/12v...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I'm just completing on a bungalow that needs everything doing to it, full replumb, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, underfloor heating, loft conversion, moving windows, knocking down walls. I will be doing everything except installing the new boiler and electrics. I have extensive DIY experience...
Replies
Views
I'm too lazy to list all the auction URLs so I will list the tools that are going to be on there by 7pm. To find them click this link to view all of my auctions and go to the ones that you're interested in. I suspect there will be some real bargains! Most are collection only but I'm happy to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock