Search the forum,

Discuss New build issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Hi all , just wanted some opinions / guidance on two things , i moved into a new build house 5 months ago and two of the first snags were pop up waste for bath failed ( the type where you turn overflow to open and shut) and the mastic started gapping around bath . Both of these were corrected but both have know happened again , are these problems going to be reacurring until they refuse to do them anymore ! and are they ways around these . cheers billy .

silicone shouldn't be gapping or splitting , if its not much hassle then remove the bath panel and see how the bath has been supported, normally run a batten across the 2 walls to support the bath edges to eliminate movement.

Staffy is bang on there, the failing silicone round the edge almost always means the bath isn't properly supported. As for the waste, I dislike those turn-the-overflow things, if it were my house I'd get it swapped for a different type of waste, either a click-clack type or a traditional plug.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts , i think the bath needs support but i am concerened about the implications of them trying with all the nice tiles etc , JCplumb whats a click-clack type .

I just googled click -clack type , guess what my neighbour has that type and he was having problems getting it to shut off / close , looks like the good old chain and plug .

There is a vast difference in quality on bath pop up wastes. The Chinese stuff is rubbish. Ask them to swap it for a geberitt one, that won't fail.

Geberit Bath Pop up Waste and Overflow : UK Bathrooms
image.jpg

Thanks for confirming my thoughts , i think the bath needs support but i am concerened about the implications of them trying with all the nice tiles etc , JCplumb whats a click-clack type .
Not your problem though is it if they hash the tiles it's their job to make good. I realise it's inconvenience but surely you want it done right so that you can be confident going forward

When you say new build are you talking about a one off build or one of many on an estate?

If its the latter i would imagine the silicone has just been pumped all over and its a mess, and ask for plug and chain waste.get them to fit it

Its not a one off, it is as you say a developement but not cheap , my other half started bailing the water out and after a few buckets the waste worked so i guess it only likes a certain weight of water , i am going to get them to fix bath properly with some support and go for ye olde plug and chain , thanks again billy .

plumben i think i know what you mean by red row , no its part of the barrett family so to speak .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New build issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock