Discuss New Boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sp25

Dear all,
My boiler has given up few months ago and urgently in need of a new boiler. It'a very big decision as its a huge amount and i want to be able to install a reliable one. Having suffered with no heating/hot water i am very cautious esp as i have a little baby.

I have narrowed it down to Baxi platinum HE28 A. It was a tough choice between Baxi, Vaillant Ecotech Pro & Vaillant Ecotech Plus.

I am not sure which is the best as there seems to be lots of brands and also mixed opinions. However, I was hoping you could share your expert opinions please.

Thanks in advance.

Are you absolutely sure your existing boiler is past saving? What do you currently have?

I doubt its past saving. I reckon a new PCB or a good Gas engineer can get it up and running for a fraction of the cost which I would seriously consider.

Also, is it normal for an installation company to demand that the old boiler would be their property after the new one is installed. Mine seems to have quoted so and I reckon it is fixable/worth then?

I don't particularly want them to fob me off with installing a new one if they could have their hands on my old one...i dislike this idea!

Please advice..

I doubt its past saving. I reckon a new PCB or a good Gas engineer can get it up and running for a fraction of the cost which I would seriously consider.

Also, is it normal for an installation company to demand that the old boiler would be their property after the new one is installed. Mine seems to have quoted so and I reckon it is fixable/worth then?

I don't particularly want them to fob me off with installing a new one if they could have their hands on my old one...i dislike this idea!

Please advice..

Officially I believe, any "waste" created by said tradesperson, needs to be disposed of correctly and via a licenced waste carrier. Might you be confusing this with them seeming to want to claim ownership of your old boiler?

I really doubt they'll repair it and sell it on and/or install it. More hassle than it's worth and difficult to test if not connected to anything.

Officially I believe, any "waste" created by said tradesperson, needs to be disposed of correctly and via a licenced waste carrier. Might you be confusing this with them seeming to want to claim ownership of your old boiler?

I really doubt they'll repair it and sell it on and/or install it. More hassle than it's worth and difficult to test if not connected to anything.

That's true..When you present it like that may be i wont feel fobbed off although still reluctant to let them take the old boiler! Now i know why i need to declutter! ;-)

They're definately not fobbing you off, in fact they're probably more likely doing you a favour by taking a broken heavy old boiler away for you. You don't wanna get lumbered with it, your local dump might not accept it either as it's obviously not waste created by diy lol. Part of the reason you see boilers left out the front of houses for travellers to pick up,or left in peoples back gardens for years

What does the vogue modulate down to?
Baxi goes down to 2.5 kw that's what they are bragging , thought that was pretty decent

Lowest min on the duotec/platinum he A is 7kw and that's on the 24kw (dhw max input net) model.

Im not gonna mention the boiler I think you might be referring to...they all need ripping out

Nope duo He and plat HE as as follows

24kw to 7.4
28kw to 9.5
33kw to 10.2
40kw to 12.1

Now the best modulation is on an icoz. It will go from 35kw all the way down to 1.1kw
Unfortunately it flashes LF a lot an has a black pcb........

The vogue is 14:1

Vogue is 7:1

icos is 4:1 at best.

you see some (greenstar junior for example) seem to basically de rate a 28kw to make a 24, so not even 4:1.

I think vokera do a 10:1 but, well, it's a vokera.

They're definately not fobbing you off, in fact they're probably more likely doing you a favour by taking a broken heavy old boiler away for you. You don't wanna get lumbered with it, your local dump might not accept it either as it's obviously not waste created by diy lol. Part of the reason you see boilers left out the front of houses for travellers to pick up,or left in peoples back gardens for years

Thanks for clarifying. I am convinced to let them have it if so be the case. I have heard of boiler installation companies who come to repair your boiler and ask for it to be replaced saying there is a major fault with it. Then remove it and sell it off in second hand market after fixing any minor issues if it was present in the first place...;-) Hence was a bit paranoid about the idea of letting the installation company walk away with an old boiler..b'cos like most optimistic people i like to think that my boiler can be repaired and can go on for few more years if only a good gas engineer can look at it.

It's probably best we replace ours anyway as it should be atleast over 14 years old and also not very energy efficient as the new models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock