Discuss New baxi main eco range. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody fitted any of these.? Thoughts?

Loved the main range for a affordable boiler. As this seems to be the replacement was wondering on people's opinions on it.

Really? I wasn't taken back when I looked at the brochure and installation manual. Hoping someone would tell me they are good. Hope the original main eco stays around a while longer.

Last edited:
I went to Baxi for a training day, but wasn't on these boilers. They spoke to us about them briefly after we asked them and the pcb sits on the fan with the gas valve. It's a complete unit to reduce the size of the boiler.

Dunno about the "new" one
The one I serviced was canny.
Probably old one 2 to 3 yr old

The pcb/fan/gas valve is a module, I left baxi when it still hadn't been decided whether the replacement parts would be supplied as full replacement modules, or individually requiring dismantling of the module.

It's very light weight, and it's width and height are tiny...however...the depth means it's not a standard cupboard fit.

Time will tell....though first impressions...it looks like cheap carp.

The previous range, main eco and eco elite, are/were a fantastic boiler

I'm just praying they never stop making the duotec he A to be honest, the ecoblue combis look alright, but the fact they LOOK like a GA makes me nervous

Apparently the design is common on the continent. I think Baxi need to stick to the HEA range and just update them in terms of the case design and the control panel. Don't make it any more complicated, just bring it a bit more up to date.

I'm intrigued to see what the new Solo is going to be like. I know it's in it's last of it's life, I just hope they don't do a ga on it.

The replacement for the Solo is the Baxi Ecoblue Heat Only I think (and the advance version with rear exit flue option).

The Baxi Ecoblue Heat only is the heat only version of the Baxi Maineco Combis as discussed on this thread,one and the same.

They did have a Solo GA but it never launched,surprise surprise.

I will really miss the HE A range too,completely agree,simple enough without being basic,or pants,a great balance imo

The replacement for the Solo is the Baxi Ecoblue Heat Only I think (and the advance version with rear exit flue option).

The Baxi Ecoblue Heat only is the heat only version of the Baxi Maineco Combis as discussed on this thread,one and the same.

They did have a Solo GA but it never launched,surprise surprise.

I will really miss the HE A range too,completely agree,simple enough without being basic,or pants,a great balance imo

Is it still 3 wire?

have seen all the new ones went on a pi55 up,i mean training course to summarise
one of them looks like a vailant,virtually the same as a HEA inside,this one looks very promising

one of them,the smaller,cheaper looking one looks like a glowheap and worcester have mated,i would not fit this under any circumstances

the solo,well,its light,and they could not make it any worse

none of them have ga technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New baxi main eco range. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi have changed their 600 and 800 ranges....they look completely different inside and out .....has anyone got an opinion on the new version.
Replies
Views
have a mixture of radiators range between 25 & 60 years old.Im having a new boiler fitted, do I change all the rads or just the old ones? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock