Discuss NEST integration with 2 zones and hot water in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am still looking at the final design of my revised central heating system. Currently I am on a hot water tank mounted on the 1st floor centrally in a 4 bedroom house, approx and near to 150m2 (so obvious regulations ensue). The System boiler is mounted on the ground floor in the kitchen.

What is proposed is an unvented tank mounted in the integrated garage next to the kitchen, with the boiler right next to it. I have repiped upstairs and positioned new pipes ready to be soldered into place when my plumber puts the new system together, ready to drop down into the garage. My question is now around duel zone - when i repipe downstairs i should just be able to create a new hot water feed to the downstairs rads relatively easily (return is common to both zones isn't it?). That way when the new tank goes in, he can run 2 zones from the main feed giving me better control of the house heating for very little effort. Am I right in thinking this just requires 2 electric valves in line with each hot water zone feed?

My main question is - I know NEST can handle multiple zones with 2 thermos and heat links - presumably the hot water will run off one of these heat links and the whole lot should be programmable through the app - downstairs, upstairs and hot water?

I hope this makes sense.

Any help greatly appreciated

Tim

Last edited:
Edit:I have just spoken to Nest about this and apparently I will have control of both stats and the hot water temp (if i have compatible boiler) on the app.

It seems that as thought, the Heat link simply controls the electronic valves as thought.

If someone can confirm what i think about the dual zones - main water feed from boiler>electronic valve leading to hot water and heating circuit>2x further electronic valves off the heating circuit going to the respective zones using the common return between both zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEST integration with 2 zones and hot water in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock