Search the forum,

Discuss need a second pair of eyes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It's for 8 valves Shaun so actually a proper bargain.

Did you notice further down the listing they are not only WRAS Approved (no evidence tho) but they also come with free forehead tatoos stating 'Royal D1ckhead'... :rolleyes: FFS

Personally, I'd keep a copy of that ad to show the tightwads...

How have they sold 7 of these joblots already at that price! Could understand if it was a typo and they hadn't sold any, but this is beyond odd!

or they increase due to no stock

am i missing something

It's either someone typing the wrong prices in at the vendor or an auto-pricing algorithm that has lost the plot. Same vendor has a single butterfly valve on offer at £93 so I suspect the latter.

Most extreme example I've seen was a book available new for about £10 on sale second-hand for ca £15k.

As Shaun, it'll be because they have no stock and it's easier to increase the price than remove the listing and upload again.
The previously sold ones will have been at the lower price.

If someone's daft enough to buy at the high price the seller will just buy from someone else and send it on.
You'll find things that would cost a few pounds listed at Thousands sometimes as example above.

As Shaun, it'll be because they have no stock and it's easier to increase the price than remove the listing and upload again.
The previously sold ones will have been at the lower price.

If someone's daft enough to buy at the high price the seller will just buy from someone else and send it on.
You'll find things that would cost a few pounds listed at Thousands sometimes as example above.

emailed them so will find out and update you all

Hello Shaun,

"Happy New Year" to You and all of our Members.

I have seen many examples of this ridiculous Ebay and Amazon listings pricing recently.

One of the most ridiculous was for a 5 Litre container of Antibacterial Hand Washing liquid soap which was listed at £119.00.

I had been buying 500Ml dispensers at 65p each from Tesco until they stopped stocking them - 10 x 65p = £6.50 !

I am guessing that most of Us only look through Ebay and Amazon if searching for a particular item but having seen the above pricing and quite a few others while searching Ebay recently I decided to look further into this ridiculous pricing situation.

I found it on MANY Listings - often over £100.00 more than what I would expect the items to be worth !

I agree with Member snowhead`s comments about the reasons for this `overpricing`.

Another outrageous price was for 5 sheets [150cms x 75cms] of Christmas wrapping paper - £71.99 - PLUS P&P !

I have previously bought 5 sheets of the same size Christmas wrapping paper at the expected price of between £4.00 - £5.00.

I will now have a look through some Heating & Plumbing items listings on Ebay to see how frequently this ridiculous pricing occurs.

Chris

Last edited:

Reply to need a second pair of eyes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock