Search the forum,

Discuss National Insurance... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Dear UKPF Accounting Dept,

Despite reading a good few explanations online I still ended up confused

Am I right in thinking NI Class 4 starts at £8164 at 9% and therefore well before the tax free £11,500 allowance? And this stays at 9% until £45k (or some such amount i will never get close to so i'm not fussed about.)

And Class 2 I've read is £2.85 a week on profits between £6,025 and £8,164. How is this worked out? I don't understand whether this means you pay £2.85 x 52 weeks if you earn more than £6,025 or whether it's £2.85 for however many weeks it took you to go from £6,025 to £8,164 (which seems a weird way to do it) or something else...? I know I can just set aside £140 to cover it but would like to understand it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to National Insurance... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Non plumber here, just a householder so please go easy on me! Our house was renovated several years ago and all plumbing replaced. It is a mixture of copper and hep20 - listed building so hep20 was better in some places to use existing holes in joists. The system was fully pressure tested after...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
N
Hello, I want to have my aging electric heating system replaced with a circulating hot water one. I have been trying to understand these systems from reading what I can find online, but I think I have more questions now than before I began searching for answers. I wonder if someone wouldn't...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've had a new Ideal Vogue boiler installed with a T6 wired thermostat so the OpenTherm is activated as confirmed by the boiler. I also have the outdoor sensor installed but I now understand that when OpenTherm is used it ignores the outdoor sensor...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock