Search the forum,

Discuss NAPIT Experienced worker route? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just weighing up options between Napit and Oftec and I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge of the Napit experienced worker route?

I have spoke with a lady at Napit who forwarded me some info but could not tell me the in's and out's of whats required. For example, how many on site assessments are required, where the off site assessments are held and how many are needed. Also if Napit gives you as much "power" as Oftec does with regards to signing off new boilers/oil tanks.

As far as experience and areas of competence I have all these boxes ticked, I'm just needing more info!

Hope that makes sense!

very few people know about oftec and even less napit, so it would make sense to use oftec if your using the tickets to sell yourself

When I tell people I'am part of the ''oil fired technical association'' their eyes glaze over, lord only knows whats they would think of napit, some poor folks don't even know what gas safe is..

Totally Agree with Lame

Very good point. I reckon selling yourself as Napit registered people would probably think your a fraud! Oftec is at least double the price though.

Very good point. I reckon selling yourself as Napit registered people would probably think your a fraud! Oftec is at least double the price though.

I was considering going with napit myself last year but decided on oftec (grudgingly)

However I found them very ''pro engineer'' & helpful on all occasions I've dealt with them.

The girl I spoke to at Napit was really not helpful at all, she basically wanted to take the membership fee then let the rest follow after. I said "that's great but what if you then tell me I have to sit a month of assessments the other side of the country," to which she replied "I have no idea whats involved but I can take your payment!"

Being half the price of Oftec you'd think they would be popular, but with customer services like that it all makes sense!

Nice to hear Oftec are "pro engineer!"

I can only speak about NAPIT from the electrical side of things but I've found them to be by far and away the best of the 3 main electrical competent person schemes. Very proactive about updating tradespeople on changes in the industry. The annual assessment is used more as a learning tool to teach you stuff you may have forgotten (don't we all?) unless you are completely crap.

Very impressed and will definitely be using them once I'm oil qualified.

If they'd get their act together you would like to think they would have people queuing up for membership being half the price of Oftec! There was no way I was prepared to pay for something when I only knew 50% of the details.

As with all the so called regulatory bodies and trade organisations there is only ever one thing they are interested in , take a guess ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NAPIT Experienced worker route? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock