Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Myson Midas Boiler fiiring up when running cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

_Chris

Hello
My Myson Midas combi boiler (25 yrs + ) has developed an irritating problem. All is working normally except that it fires up when a cold tap is turned on even a little and when the toilet is flushed.

It fires up periodically to top up the water temperature in the hot water reservoir during normal operation which is a bit of a waste really so we normally leave the hot water switched off at the boiler & only switch it on when hot water is needed. Yesterday, I forgot to switch it off after use and it was then that I noticed the problem.

I'm OK working on this boiler and over the years I've replaced the fan, main circuit board and pressure relief valve.

Could this be a problem with the hot water flow sensor or is it something else?

Cheers

Chris

You're not "ok working on this boiler" unless you are registered and qualified to do so. Please read the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Midas Boiler fiiring up when running cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock