Search the forum,

Discuss my new van lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Finally got round to doing it today i bought the leds from china(ebay) Cost me around £13.00 altogether 20140219_201453.jpg

give me a minute i'll find the link bought em last november so might not be able to find them.

That is tidy well for me anyway and I know where everything is. Apart from the tyre because I had a flat today and ladders as I was doing a bit of roofing and the boiler is for a job.

and the pipes in there because I live in an area full of metal thieves I darent put it in a tube carrier.

it took some doing, but i have my tube carrier inside my van.(Caddy) Only problem is I can only use 2 meter lengths of copper. If I have a big job I can still take 3 meters, I find it works ok though.
Other plus point is I can get the van in the garage every night, if it had a tube on the top I would take the garage door off.

I bought a florescent light from amazon and after a week of use it melted. I will try some of those LED strips I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are brilliant. I've done my last two vans with them. You can see everything, bulbs don't go and battery doesn't go flat. ten to twenty quid on ebay

Can anyone post some links. My van is sooooo dark.

that reminds me i must do mine. i got a britelitez kit last month which needs putting in.

Stupid question where did you wire them in and have you a separate switch or do they come on when door opens

Stupid question where did you wire them in and have you a separate switch or do they come on when door opens

Most of the time you can wire them in to the existing lighting wiring. Simply remove the light & connect the old wires to the new! Disconnect from battery first though if you have to connect bare wires instead of joining connectors.

Cheers can't wait to get them why oh why do van manufactures put crap lights in when they know they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to my new van lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a new Grandfos UPS3 pump fitted today, and am trying to set it up. I want it on 2nd setting, but having problems. The green light is on setting 1 and there is a yellow light on setting 2. If I press the arrow the green light stays on 1 and I then have yellow lights on settings 2 and 3. If...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock