Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Motorized valve on return in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

You mean the CH valve on the return and the first rad heating up? If the valve is closed then you won't get any circulation from the pump when HW is calling. You might however get whats called thermal drift, whereas the hotter less dense water travels up and towards the radiator and replacing the cooler and more dense water.

Thermal drift can happen wherever the valves are. If you put the MV on the flow it should prevent this drift when HW is calling but you could still have the drift from HW return back up through, in which case use an NRV on the CH return.

Tbh that would be bad practice IMO. I'm not convinced any NRVs are properly tested and rated for CH use. Then when something like this fails you'll have no flow round the system.

I do agree with you yes and technically, like you say if the system is piped correctly you shouldn't get any reverse circulation but reverse circulation and thermal drift are to different things and I have known the latter to occur.

Reply to Motorized valve on return in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock