Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss More advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchdc

A big thanks to all who have helped so far, but I need a bit more.
i am building an en-suite in our bedroom. I have done most of plumbing but now need to think about new electrics for lights, fan and electric towel rail.
I am going to wire up things for myself and then get an electrician to make the connection to the power.
Can I run a new separate cable from the fuse box in the garage into the bedroom and wire all the above to it so that it would all be on a separate circuit?
any advice greatly appreciated.

All I will say is as its in a bathroom and the area is notifiable and the lights may need to be low voltage

Get a sparky to do it all

I am going to wire up things for myself and then get an electrician to make the connection to the power.

Can I run a new separate cable from the fuse box in the garage into the bedroom and wire all the above to it so that it would all be on a separate circuit?
any advice greatly appreciated.

Ok so let's see if the advice is really appreciated or not! What you are proposing is a notifiable job to local Building Control in building regulation Part P as the bathroom is classed as a Wet Area. Either a Part P self certifying electrician must do all of the work OR building control must visit before during and after the work is completed. It is illegal for an Part P electrician to test and sign off any work they did not supervise or do there self. All electrical fittings, wiring and methods must comply with the regs. To do the work yourself is illegal and frankly plain daft. should there be any fire or personal damage your insurers would walk away and you would leave yourself open to criminal prosecution.

Also FYI the creation of a NEW bathroom or en-suite is also notifiable to Building Control. There's plenty of info on the web about Part P etc, and it's been in force since 2005 and we are now on revision 17.
http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guides-and-advice/building-regulations/england/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not lived in uk for over 10 years and am really surprised/shocked with your answer.
What exactly can an Englishman do in his own home/castle?
What has happened here?

I have not lived in uk for over 10 years and am really surprised/shocked with your answer.
What has happened here?

Nothing regarding hot water, gas, or elec work

What has happened here?

People died. Existing regulations became more strongly enforced. Some new regulations came in, some existing ones changed to be compatible with other EU countries. Electricity is dangerous. In wet areas even more so. Please don't endanger yourself or others for the sake of a few quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to More advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock