Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Micro bore pipe to a towel warmer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, a friend has just asked me to fit a small towel warmer in place of her old radiator in the bathroom. Problem is the old pipe work is 10mm bore and they are wider than the width of the towel warmer. She doesn't want the Lino ripped up so what's the neatest way of adapting the pipe work? Also a downstairs radiator has a pinhole leak so she wants it replaced. Again it's 10mm pipe coming out of the wall, any ideas? The rad is an old one so not so sure a new rad would be of the same dimensions.

As to the downstairs rad, you should be able to get a new rad with close enough dimensions

myson still sell imperial sized rads if you cant get something else to fit.

Get a 700 rad downstairs and you should get the 10mm difference or worst case use a rad extension

Use a guide or if you don't have one fill with water and freeze then bend it kink free

I normally fit a towel warmer bout 12inch center of valve to floor so you can hang a big towel on and not touch the floor. that would be very lanky and liable to knocking with 10mm. try for a longer towel warmer fit lower and closer to the pipe centers other wise it may look dog ruff.

I normally fit a towel warmer bout 12inch center of valve to floor so you can hang a big towel on and not touch the floor. that would be very lanky and liable to knocking with 10mm. try for a longer towel warmer fit lower and closer to the pipe centers other wise it may look dog ruff.

The customer doesn't seem to be to bothered by the appearance but as mentioned above. I don't really wanna be know for rough work.

Only way with 10mm is to hang the rad centre of existing pipes then bend to offsets I think.

10mm coming out he floor (bearing in mind its annealed) can get knocked around. I can only say get a longer towel warmer to make the 10mm short a poss (cos it's coming out the floor). btw im on about the towel warmer not rad. Rad as said above..:)

Get a towel rail the same width as the old radiator connections and tall so you can fit it near the floor to try and stop the pipework being kicked.

Failing that. Sleeve the 10mm in 15mm chrome copper. Cut the chrome slightly longer than the 10mm and slip it over the top. Make a 16mm hole in the floor board round the 10mm. Push the 15mm down into the board a bit. Connect up your 10mm to the valves. Pull the 15mm back up and wedge between the nuts and the holes in the floorboards.

Sorry guys what should I be charging to fit a towel rad, a normal rad swap, secure existing electric shower and fit shower head and rail. Finally a bath screen and fit a few tiles??

How ever many hours it will take you. Charged at your hourly rate/ a day rate.
Plus whatever it costs you for materials+20%

Sorry guys what should I be charging to fit a towel rad, a normal rad swap, secure existing electric shower and fit shower head and rail. Finally a bath screen and fit a few tiles??

What ever price your happy with where your not selling yourself short and not ripping your customer off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Micro bore pipe to a towel warmer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock