Discuss meter bracket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blade11

does a gas meter need to be bracketed to stop un-due movement etc,my mates flat had ridgid pipework on oulet and the regulater on a flexi as the norm but it's just hanging there,what is this categorized as,and is this the providers responsibility

should be on a bracket, but loads that are not.
if its a cause for concern get onto the provider ( 0800 111999 )
and they will fit the bracket.

should be on a bracket, but loads that are not.
if its a cause for concern get onto the provider ( 0800 111999 )
and they will fit the bracket.
yeah thought as much, you know when you look at something and it looks wrong it usually is..thanks si

The answer is NO. You really need to be a GSR to know more.
what.....?.gas safe, to ask if a meter needs a bracket,i'd put money on,your a fast tracker, attends sunbed salon on a weekly basis and lives at home with mummy.

I wish I'd never moved out of mummy's! I'd be eating a sandwich right now if Id stayed!

what.....?.gas safe, to ask if a meter needs a bracket,i'd put money on,your a fast tracker, attends sunbed salon on a weekly basis and lives at home with mummy.
wind your neck in son your the one asking the question be polite or you will be removed i suggest you re read the FAQ and google the word attitude

wind your neck in son your the one asking the question be polite or you will be removed i suggest you re read the FAQ and google the word attitude

prob the best bit of advice you will get from us now. no need for attitude !

Oooooo

What's the bet?

Cash to charity?!

Wow, I’ve almost caused a 3rd WW here! Sorry, it was a typo. The answer is YES. That’s what happens when you drink and type. Thank you Guys for keeping it under control.

Sorry, you’ve just lost your money, Dude!
I don’t live with my mother and don’t do the sunbeds. I’ve spent a year and a half in the plumbing trade before going to Stafford College to do my level 2 over two years + NVQ2 and then a year in the South Birmingham College for my level 3 + NVQ3. Was working in the trade at the same time. I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t call it a fast track.

Blade, if you’d like to get into the gas trade – as above, watch your attitude, you may be not suitable for the trade.
Hope it’s gonna work out for you.

the meter does not need a bracket but must be fully supported putting no strain on pipework and fittings. best method is normally a meter bracket, tho many diyer's and builders tend to think a few house bricks will do.

the meter does not need a bracket but must be fully supported putting no strain on pipework and fittings. best method is normally a meter bracket, tho many diyer's and builders tend to think a few house bricks will do.

Or it could have been the last job for the meter engineer and he rushed it.

Think someone has taken all the bricks to build themselves a wall up my way. Quite a few meters suspended in mid air.

If it is an existing installation and it is adequately supported i,e stood in a cupboard/on a shelf then thats the end of the story. If its got two flexes,thats fine as well. This is not an ESP issue. The meter isnt owned by the ESP and they will not automatically upgrade meter installations simply because it isnt their job. It is for the meter owner to requisition work on their meter and pay for it.If you call an ESP and they attend then they will more than likely just do a tightness test and provided there is no leakage,they will turn and walk.

yeh, fitting a bracket is not there responsibility and they wont come and fit one for you if the meters not on a bracket.

If it is an existing installation and it is adequately supported i,e stood in a cupboard/on a shelf then thats the end of the story. If its got two flexes,thats fine as well. This is not an ESP issue. The meter isnt owned by the ESP and they will not automatically upgrade meter installations simply because it isnt their job. It is for the meter owner to requisition work on their meter and pay for it.If you call an ESP and they attend then they will more than likely just do a tightness test and provided there is no leakage,they will turn and walk.
provider came out and put a bracket on meter.....YEH..!..YO1....

glad you got it sorted ! but theres no need for the attitude mate ! people are sharing experiances that they have. some companys might come out and put a bracket in for free some might do it but charge but some might show up and say no doesnt need one ! but your reply in the post above sounds like you feel you have proved sombody wrong ! more to life !

well i have personally phoned transco and that's what they said, but maybe your special, next time il call them again

Maybe i am special because i would never "personally" ring transco i would get my secretary to do so ! Go look somwhere else for an argument pal !

my post was for Blade11.. yeh that does make you special, do you phone your secretary and give them all the details and then get them to phone transco? LOL.. I was sharing my experience and at no point was looking for an argument. Like i said i will be trying transco again next time i need a bracket fitting, but thanks for the attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well im sorry for the attitude you recieved then as you post was after mine i did assume it was intended for me ! But your attitude isnt to good either ! As been stated a few times in this thread ! But anyway lets leave it at that ! Both be bigger boys and walk away !

Bloody hell..the man from Tranco got his drill out..! Did you light some sparklers...!

Quote "an internal meter maybe floor mounted ( on plastic covered feet) or suspended from a floor mounted bracket." pg 20.17 Domestic Gas Safety On Site Guide.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to meter bracket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock