Discuss Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I’m having a new bathroom installed and the awkward shape of room means that the best option is to move the toilet and fit a macerator.

I have chosen for a corner toilet as it’s the best space-saving option, but would appreciate some words of advice and wisdom when it comes to the macerator.

There is very little space behind the corner toilet to accommodate a macerator and I am struggling to find a macerator with suitable dimensions.
Can I place the macerator long-ways against the wall and run a flexible pipe from the spigot to the macerator? It would be about 1ft/
1 1/2ft long.
Or does the macerator need to be directly attached to the toilet spigot?

Advice gratefully received! I am not a plumber, just a home-owner who is trying to learn the most basic of basics! ☺️

Is your house brick, or painted?
On the pavement or set-back?

So many things to consider, without being there it is a bit hard to advise properly.

If painted, paint all the pipework and it will not be too noticeable?

Is your house brick, or painted?
On the pavement or set-back?

So many things to consider, without being there it is a bit hard to advise properly.

If painted, paint all the pipework and it will not be too noticeable?
It is rendered and set back from the road. However, I want to avoid having a pipe running across the front if at all possible.

I would rather have a macerator inside than have a soil pipe running straight across the front of the house.

Any reason why it can't be run this way? Where the pipe exits the wall under the bath, run it as low to the floor as possible then it will have a good fall from the toilet. 1 external 90° bend towards the stack and then tee in. Or am I missing something.

Also the measurement for your bath is 1150 but the opening is 1050. Are you sure the bath will fit.

20190609_164444.jpg

Don't forget the noise, especially when you have a dripping tap or little bit of internal overflow and it kicks in every hour or 2 - especially enjoyable overnight I gather from customers... :eek:
Toilet only so no taps connected and consider the pump activating from an internal overflow as a warning alarm to get it fixed before the next metred water bill arrives. ;)

I consider that Lucy has had all the current available info from us re macerators. We have little to add now SHE needs to make a decision of her own based on the best unbiased advice available in UK
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I consider that Lucy has had all the current available info from us re macerators. We have little to add now SHE needs to make a decision of her own based on the best unbiased advice available in UK
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Don`t think anybody has covered how to reduce the sound level when it is operating. :(

Reply to Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock