Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Listed building, who is responsible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobby67

Hi, could you please help regarding some work we recently did for a customer who has a property that he was converting to residential. We were initially asked to do top floor bathroom, which he was happy with, so asked us to do master bathroom and kitchen, then lastly en-suite bathroom. There was already work started and was he was in a mess with being let down before. We did the work, although there were issues at times with bad mismanagement with electrician and builders, plus had to chase our payments promised every time. :willy_nilly: He promised to pay in full on completion of en-suite job last Monday, but didn't have the money there, but would pay by the Friday. :mad2: Anyway long story short, has found stupid excuse not to pay ( which is totally unfounded ) so am going to pursue this. Have done some background check on him, and it's not good! Various names, Companies set up and dissolved, etc. :thumbs_down: I have also found out today that he has lied on his planning application and it is awaiting approval. Should we report this, as would be liable, although we were given the impression all was fine?

Time to review your T&C`s me thinks. Couldn`t comment on the other points.

Can't see what you'd be liable for as regards lack of planning. It's a matter between the owner and the local authority and in any case he told you it was ok. You would need to comply with Building Regs in any event.

Hi, could you please help regarding some work we recently did for a customer who has a property that he was converting to residential. We were initially asked to do top floor bathroom, which he was happy with, so asked us to do master bathroom and kitchen, then lastly en-suite bathroom. There was already work started and was he was in a mess with being let down before. We did the work, although there were issues at times with bad mismanagement with electrician and builders, plus had to chase our payments promised every time. :willy_nilly: He promised to pay in full on completion of en-suite job last Monday, but didn't have the money there, but would pay by the Friday. :mad2: Anyway long story short, has found stupid excuse not to pay ( which is totally unfounded ) so am going to pursue this. Have done some background check on him, and it's not good! Various names, Companies set up and dissolved, etc. :thumbs_down: I have also found out today that he has lied on his planning application and it is awaiting approval. Should we report this, as would be liable, although we were given the impression all was fine?

If the customer tells you he's got the planning permission, unless its major work like an extension why would you ask/check they actually have,

As long as all your work is complying with regs and os up to scratch you've got nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Listed building, who is responsible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock