Discuss LED lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I know the electricians forum is probably the best place to ask this but why on earth do I need all this cable and 2 chunky block connectors to install this LED wall lamp in my home? I mean, what are you supposed to do when it is solid brick? It's a joke isn't it. 20151002_205732.jpg. All I have is a live and a neutral popping out the wall. Any ideas chaps. Maybe a massive satin nickel wall mounted backplate or something. Although that was not the look I am going for

to get above the insulation :D

Suspect the 'bits' on the cable are needed to get the mains down to low voltage/current for the LEDs. You could always chop out a nice deep hole behind the plate to hide all that! :smile:
Plan B: find a fitting which has all the 'bits' in the lamp and not the cable.

its because your going from 240 ac to 12v dc on a new install all that stuff could be in the ceiling and a wire run down to the fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LED lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock