Discuss Leaking radiator on which I closed the valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no need for that

We're only thinking what would be the safest and quickest method of solving the problem for you no need to throw your toys out

Simple something a beginner diyer could do

Evo-Stik 007 All-in-One Sealant & Adhesive Black 290ml

Remove the trv head and cover the pin and top of the trv body in that

There was no need for that

We're only thinking what would be the safest and quickest method of solving the problem for you no need to throw your toys out

Simple something a beginner diyer could do

Evo-Stik 007 All-in-One Sealant & Adhesive Black 290ml

Remove the trv head and cover the pin and top of the trv body in that

Right well anyway BINGO. Thanks man. OK so no need to undo the nut or remove the valve. Just this. I hope this simple solution works! It's ÂŁ8.50 on Ebay. This means you're saying that pressure is NOT an issue, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies. I didn't mean to include you actually. Read back up the thread and you'll notice a good portion of bitching and Nuremberg Trials! My response was perfectly justified. And fun!

Right well anyway BINGO. Thanks man. OK so no need to undo the nut or remove the valve. Just this. I hope this simple solution works! It's ÂŁ8.50 on Ebay. This means you're saying that pressure is NOT an issue, right?

If it's just dripping out slightly will be fine if it's spraying out all over the place need a new valve or cap it off

The only guaranteed way is to either replace the valve or cap it off

Keep it polite everyone please else I will have to lock the thread and put it in the well of doom!

Thanks for understanding guys!

If it's just dripping out slightly will be fine if it's spraying out all over the place need a new valve or cap it off

2 x compression caps will cost a lot less than ÂŁ8.50 and as long as you drain system very easy to fit, anyone with some common sense & a couple of spanners can do it

2 x compression caps will cost a lot less than ÂŁ8.50 and as long as you drain system very easy to fit, anyone with some common sense & a couple of spanners can do it

Op doesn't want to drain or freeze the system

Well it's a constant drip rather than spray. I have tied a cloth around it for now. I'll get some of that special sealant you showed me and see if it lasts. And make a note that if it doesn't the next step is a bit more radical and may cost me a week's money because, from what I gather here, either of those jobs could be more than I can handle. I thought you meant originally that it was simply a case of removing one valve and replacing it. Those ones on the left only cost a fiver on Ebay. I guess one can find the solution in a forum like this and then look for actual directions on YouTube or somewhere. Thanks for your sane advice and clarity. The internet eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking radiator on which I closed the valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock