Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking central heating - should I use an internal leak sealer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun87

I have an 18 month old central heating system with a combi boiler and pushfit pipework. Everything works OK but the system loses pressure after about 3 months. I can't find any obvious leaks or weeping joints. Would a leak sealer like fernox f4 be a good solution?

Thanks

No a good solution is to find out where the drop is coming from. Rad valves are most likely and the smallest of drips will drop the pressure over that time period.

No a good solution is to find out where the drop is coming from. Rad valves are most likely and the smallest of drips will drop the pressure over that time period.

I've checked all visible valves and have been unable to find any leak. I'm reluctant to pull up my laminate flooring for such a small leak. Should I let the leak continue? Is a 3 month drain out that bad?

Most likely prv or expansion vessel or under the floor some joints ...

But I suggest to get a gsr - plumber in to solve the issue might be something wrong with the boiler

Check all radiator valves
Take the heads off trv valves and the white caps off the lockshileds if fitted and check for signs of water corrosion or rust
Same on the bleed valve end and blank end of the radiator

Check the blow off pipe on the boiler is dry or for signs of water

If you can't find anything then call the installer who fitted the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking central heating - should I use an internal leak sealer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock