Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Landlord Gas Safety Checks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twitchboy

Do you need your CCN1 and appliances to do landlord gas safety checks, or is your CCN1 enough?

Cheers

Re: Landlord Gas Sfety Checks

Depends what your inspecting. If there are appliances then you will need the relevant modules.

Re: Landlord Gas Sfety Checks

It depends on what appliances you are checking?

Are there any appliances that allow for just CCN1? I would have thought that if you're doing landlord safety checks on cookers and fires then you'd need those tickets but someone has told me different and says that you only need those tickets if you're servicing and repairing them. A 'check' he says is different.

Is he talking cobblers?

Cobblers he talks! Your need to know his the appliance works in order to check it's working properly and safely ? Otherwise why bother with ccn1? Surely an electrician could just do it?

you could do a tightness test!
but that is quite limiting.
boilers, cookers, fires to cover most situations

Next silly question.

You have your CCN1 and your ticket for cookers, fires and boilers. But you do not have your ticket for meters.

The home you are checking has a cooker, fire and boiler which you have, but you do not have your ticket for meters.

Can you do a landlord safety check without your ticket for meters? Other than being able to remove the meter, does not having your ticket for meters limit what you can do when carrying out a landlord safety check?

When asked to carry out a landlord gas safety check does this automatically mean that the appliances would be serviced during the check or would that need to be requested separately?

you are only checking if appliances working correctly and check for any defects on pipework etc. service is optional and has nothing to do with safety check

I suspect that's why some people think they don't need their appliance tickets for gas safety checks.

Would you still do spillage test and flue flow when doing a gas safety check?

If relevant to the appliance yes

you will learn all these questions during your ACS. Each appliance has its own checklist which you should follow in order to check if its working safely.

I'm happy with this at the moment Mas, there's nothing technical and, if anything, could be educational for Joe as to what they need checked.

It should teach twitchboy he needs new gas mates, cause the ones he has (outwith here) are scaring me, TBH some of the ones on here scare me too but that's for another thread

I am not a gas engineer but I do employ gas engineers who do this work.
So
I wanted to know the answer to this question too and it wasn't easy to find a reliable source for the definitive answer.
It was a teacher who told me same as what others have said in this thread.
So if there is a fire/ cooker you need to be qualified to work on those.

I think there is genuine ignorance on this particular question.
Or perhaps convenient ignorance. Because most of the time there is only a boiler in the property Many, many times I have heard of Landlord inspections being done and completely ignoring the cooker or fire, the engineer or employer had not anticipated that those appliances might be there, the job would take longer (but they are only charging pennies) andd the gas engineer does not have the right skills.

I am not a gas engineer but I do employ gas engineers who do this work.
So
I wanted to know the answer to this question too and it wasn't easy to find a reliable source for the definitive answer.
It was a teacher who told me same as what others have said in this thread.
So if there is a fire/ cooker you need to be qualified to work on those.

I think there is genuine ignorance on this particular question.
Or perhaps convenient ignorance. Because most of the time there is only a boiler in the property Many, many times I have heard of Landlord inspections being done and completely ignoring the cooker or fire, the engineer or employer had not anticipated that those appliances might be there, the job would take longer (but they are only charging pennies) andd the gas engineer does not have the right skills.

We had a limited skill engineer did a flue flow on a b/f and capped it off. He wasn't qualified but told lads in office he could do the cp12 as it only needed a smoke bomb. Bye bye muppet.

We had a limited skill engineer did a flue flow on a b/f and capped it off. He wasn't qualified but told lads in office he could do the cp12 as it only needed a smoke bomb. Bye bye muppet.

Was this in a training centre or on an actual job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord Gas Safety Checks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock