Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Knackered laptop screen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

durhamplumber

Does anybody recommend anyone who can repair or replace a laptop screen for cheap? Girlfriend just stood on her laptop and it looks terminal! Have had a quote for £100 for a new screen, not sure the laptop is even worth that anymore.

£100 sounds reasonable for fitting a new screen if its a professional repairer. An amateur may be able to sort you out with a second hand one but personally I think life's too short to spend ages messing about. Laptops are so much cheaper to buy nowadays anyway.

How olds the laptop? You can pick up reasonable spec new ones for about £350 at the moment so if it's more then a couple of years old I'd be tempted to replace.

Either that or try ebay for a secondhand version of the same model, perhaps with a damaged keyboard or something to get the screen out of it.

Try 'afterdawn.com'.

A good techy website/forum.

:wink_smile:

I bought a replacement screen for my daughters lappy off ebay for £32 (brand new).
It took me 15 minutes to replace and was really easy.
I even found a description on how to do it on youtube.

same goes with iphones if you break the screen fit it yourself as they charge a fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Knackered laptop screen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I wondered if someone could give me some help please. I have had a new boiler fitted and have a center thermostat but nearly every...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock