Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink minefield in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I'm going around in circles trying to find a new kitchen sink. We want a white one, ideally a more modern look like granite or composite than ceramic. When reading about Franke and peers composite sinks I read a lot of reviews suggesting they feel cheap and plasticky.

So...

1) What kitchen sink brands are people preferring these days (for quality not price)

2) of the granite or composite materials, any in particular feeling better/looking cleaner for longer than others?

Thanks!

Carron phoenix are a good brand, I've recently fitted a black granite Franke composite sink in my own kitchen which is performing well . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 7
  • MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks all. Went and had a feel of a few at showrooms. Although some of the franke ones do feel like plastic tubs I came away comfortable that they where engineered properly (otherwise there would be so many complaints product would have been withdrawn)

Reply to Kitchen sink minefield in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock