Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink minefield in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I'm going around in circles trying to find a new kitchen sink. We want a white one, ideally a more modern look like granite or composite than ceramic. When reading about Franke and peers composite sinks I read a lot of reviews suggesting they feel cheap and plasticky.

So...

1) What kitchen sink brands are people preferring these days (for quality not price)

2) of the granite or composite materials, any in particular feeling better/looking cleaner for longer than others?

Thanks!

Carron phoenix are a good brand, I've recently fitted a black granite Franke composite sink in my own kitchen which is performing well . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 6
  • MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 4
Thanks all. Went and had a feel of a few at showrooms. Although some of the franke ones do feel like plastic tubs I came away comfortable that they where engineered properly (otherwise there would be so many complaints product would have been withdrawn)

Reply to Kitchen sink minefield in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on kitchen sinks and bathroom washbasins? Must the supply come directly from the mains or can it come from the cold water storage tank? Or is the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps that turn and the unit can swivel to go to either basin. The taps have 4 prongs that can be turned (sorry not technical)...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps...
Replies
Views
I am planning on replacing a standard radiator with a designer style vertical radiator in anthracite. I will need a high output of 6000BTU plus. I have researched online and I am struggling to find any consensus on what is a quality radiator brand to select from. I’m not necessarily looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected into the same pipes. The sink is constantly getting backed up. Worse when the washing machine is draining but will start to back up with the tap just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock